This Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment qualification is for anyone wishing to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card to work on a UK construction site.
From the 1 July 2014 those who need a CSCS Green Card can obtain one by completing* this qualification. This includes those entering the construction industry plus those who are renewing their card.
This qualification is accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
This is a 1 day class room based course which covers
- The importance, key terms, legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety
- Fatalities, injuries and ill-health in construction
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Slips and trips
- Working at height
- Moving vehicles and mobile plant
- Work equipment
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Alcohol and drugs
- Health and safety signs
- Personal protective equipment
- Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
- Emergencies and first aid
- Reporting accidents and ill health
With lots of practice questions through out the course to prepare for the exam.
Assessment is via a 40 question multiple choice examination (online or paper-based) lasting one hour.
There are no formal requirements to enroll for the course but we insist the students should be able to understand and communicate in English.
Additionally Learners will also need to pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test
Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card* which allows access to construction sites in the UK as a non-skilled worker.