The 18th Edition course also know as Requirements for Electrical installations BS7671: 2018 is an course which allows students to have an understanding of the wiring Regulations that are required when carrying out domestic or commercial electrical installation work. During the course students will become more familiar with the layout, contact and application of the BS7671: 2018 – 18th Edition regulations.
The 3 day classroom based course will cover various aspects related to the electrical installations. Followed by numerous practice questions to boost confidence and get the students familiarise with the exam methodology.
• Scope, object and fundamental principles
• Assessment of general characteristics
• Protection for safety
• Selection and erection of equipment
• Inspection and testing
• Special installations or locations
• Protection against fire – extra information on arc fault detection
• Energy efficiency – New section covering energy efficiency
• Embedded Electrical heating system
• Protection against overvoltage
This assessment is of 2 hours duration, 60 multiple choice questions and it is an open book assessment.
City and Guilds
There are no formal requirements to enroll for the course but we insist the students should have keen interest in electrical technology and should be able to understand and communicate in English.
All students must have a copy of IEE Wiring Regulations 18th edition, BS7671:2018, ISBN: 978-1785611704
Upon successful completion of it students will receive a Level 3 certificate which will help them in registering for ECS Card and with JIB. This will help the students in finding work as Junior Electrical Installers.