Who should attend
This course is intended for experienced electricians and installers who are looking to enhance their current skillset to allow them to install domestic, commercial and “on street” vehicle charging points.
You will be taught how to design, specify, install, fault find, test and inspect electric vehicle charging points both for the commercial and domestic sector. This includes the “on street” points that you may have seen in many town centres.
• Introduction to Electric Vehicles – Electric Vehicle types, characteristics, charging requirements, safety considerations
• Overview of Electric Vehicle charging – Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions
• Electrical Installation Requirements – Supply, Earthing, Planning permission, Explosive atmospheres, Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
• Installation – Practical domestic and commercial installation
• Inspection, Test and Certification – Commissioning and DNO paperwork
• System Test, Fault Finding and Examination – Includes both a practical and written assessments
Exams and Assessments – You will complete an online multiple choice exam as well as a practical examination.
The course will cover the requirements of BS7671 with regards to the new section on electric vehicle charging points, discussing how the electrical supply can be delivered from both private and public supplies. By the end of the course you will understand how to install these points in compliance with BS7671, the Electrical Safety Quality and Continuity Regulations and the new IET Code of Practice.