Who should attend
This course is intended for Level 3 qualified electricians who want to install grid connected domestic photovoltaic systems that are either integrated into, or retro fitted onto, a domestic property. Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years old with 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and knowledge of Initial Inspection and Testing.
The course covers two units which can also be taken as individual courses. These units cover the Installation, Maintenance and Service of Solar PV Systems, content includes;
• Working principles of micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies
• Requirements of building location/building features for the potential to install micro-renewable energy and water conservation systems to exist
• Purpose of solar photovoltaic system components
• Design principles used to determine solar photovoltaic system module array size and position
• Requirements to test and commission solar photovoltaic systems
• Requirements to hand over solar photovoltaic systems
• How to diagnose faults in solar photovoltaic system installations
• How to rectify faults in solar photovoltaic systems
• The requirements for the routine inspection, service and maintenance of solar photovoltaic system installations.
Online Multiple Choice Exam and you will be assessed on assignments provided.
Outcomes Successful candidates will receive City & Guilds certification to confirm their ability to install, commission and maintain Solar Photovoltaic Systems.
South Wales Electrical Training – Village Farm Industrial Est – Pyle – CF33 6BJ
Refreshments Lunch is provided along with refreshments throughout the day.